Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Psalm 1 states that the good man, who doesn't listen to evil, doesn't do evil, and doesn't mock those who refrain from evil, but who delights in the law of the Lord, is like a _________ planted by streams of water. Like a what?
2. In Psalm 2:9 God promises that His Anointed one will break the nations who stand against Him with a rod. What kind of rod?
3. In Psalm 14:1 we read that 'The fool has said in his heart, "_____________."
(Hint: For 'The fool', try substituting 'Richard Dawkins'.) What did the fool say?
4. Psalm 22 is one which Christians consider to be prophetic; here are three key verses from it:
"16 Yea, dogs are round about me;
a company of evildoers encircle me;
they have pierced my hands and feet-
17 I can count all my bones-
they stare and gloat over me;
18 they divide my garments among them,
and for my raiment they ________." (RSV text)
What is it that they do for His raiment (clothing)?
5. Psalm 23 begins with, "The Lord is my __________, I shall not want."
What is the Lord to me?
6. Psalm 51:3 says:
"For I know my transgressions,
and my sin ______________."? (RSV text)
What does David say about his sin?
7. Psalm 30:5 reads:
"Weeping may endure for a night,
but _________ comes in the morning."
What comes in the morning?
8. "Your word is a lamp to my feet,
What words complete this famous verse, in the NKJV text?
9. "The stone which the builders rejected
has become..." What has it become?
10. Psalm 139:13-14a says:
"For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for
______________________;" (NASB text)
Source: Author Rimrunner
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.