Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'When it is not present in the consciousness and it is not present in phenomenon...what is IT?'
2. What ought to be the reply to Hakuin's statement here: 'Look, are my eyebrows still there? Asking if his eyebrows have fallen out, he hangs a sheep's head but sells dog-meat'. Your reply..?
3. 'Cease, desist and an ____ tree blossoms.'
4. 'What does the sky say? The four seasons go there. What does the earth say? Myriad beings are born there. The substance can be seen in the operation of the 4 seasons, the action can be seen in the birth of myriad beings, but where can a Zen practitioner be seen? Detached from speech and activity can you discern?'
5. 'What is concentration on every atom?'
6. 'With no place to sink your teeth, the seal of Zen masters are like the works of an iron ox. Having passed through a bramble of thorns, they are are like a snowflake in a raging furnace...leaving aside piercing and penetrating on level ground for now, when you no longer fall into conditions, then what?'
7. 'How would you speak with your mouth shut?'
8. 'What is the talk beyond Buddhas and Zen masters called?'
9. 'Medicine and disease quell each other. The whole earth is medicine, what is your self?'
10. 'What is the sound of one hand clapping'
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Terry
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.