Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. First things first, who are the experts when it comes to dinosaurs?
2. During which era (which I discovered means 'middle life') were dinosaurs the dominant land species?
3. Despite the meaning of the word 'dinosaur' (it means 'terrible lizard'), dinosaurs were not lizards. They were reptiles, as are lizards. Which one of these characteristics help to separate the two?
4. What group of dinosaur descendants still live amongst us today?
5. There are two main orders of dinosaur, classified according to certain bone structures. These are the Ornithischia (after birds) and the Saurischia (after lizards). What bird structure was the Ornithischia name chosen for?
6. Since we are on the subject of birds, can you work out from the following names which one is the bird's reptile ancestor grouping?
7. Which of the following would NOT have been present with dinosaurs during the Age of Reptiles?
8. Were there any mammals alongside the dinosaurs in the Mesozoic Era?
9. What is generally accepted as the causative reason for the disappearance of the dinosaurs at the end of the Mesozoic Era?
10. What estimated percentage of all species were killed 66 million years ago at the end of the Mesozoic Era?
Source: Author suomy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.