Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which year did Manchester City move from their old ground of Maine Road to the City of Manchester Stadium?
2. Manchester City fans were devastated in 2003 when one of their players collapsed and died on the pitch in an international match, aged just 33. Which player was this?
3. Which former Manchester United player succeeded Sven-Goran Eriksson as Manchester City manager in June 2008?
4. In September 2008, Manchester City underwent a takeover which would eventually lead to them becoming one of the country's biggest clubs. Which tycoon bought the club from Thaksin Shinawatra?
5. In the 2010-11 season, Manchester City won the FA Cup 1-0, with Yaya Toure scoring the only goal in the second half. Who were their opponents?
6. On the final day of the 2011-12 season, the title race was an extremely close one, and Manchester United thought they had won it by beating ... until a last-minute goal for Manchester City in their match against Queen's Park Rangers snatched the title from under United's noses. Which player scored the goal in question?
7. Manuel Pellegrini, the first Chilean manager to manage a Premiership team, replaced Roberto Mancini in the summer of 2013. How many honours did Manchester City win under him?
8. Which Belgian midfielder did Manchester City sign from VFL Wolfsburg at the beginning of the 2015-16 season?
9. In December 2017, a confrontation broke out in the tunnel at Old Trafford between Manchester United and Manchester City, with a carton of milk being thrown at United manager Jose Mourinho, and City coach Mikel Arteta receiving a cut to the face. What was the final score of the match?
10. In 2018, Amazon Prime released a documentary about Manchester City's title-winning 2017-18 season. What was it called?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.