Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. QUALIFIERS: Three of the following teams went through the preliminary qualifying stages undefeated. Which team did NOT go through undefeated?
2. QUALIFIERS: Of the seven qualifying teams, which team scored the most goals?
3. Where was Euro '88 staged?
4. GROUP ONE: Who finished atop the table, equal on points, but given first thanks to a superior goal difference?
5. GROUP ONE: Denmark and Spain played one of the games of the tournament at the AWD Arena in Hannover. What was the end scoreline?
6. GROUP ONE: Germany and Italy played out a thrilling 1-1 draw at Rheinstadion in Dusseldorf. Who scored the equalizer for the Germans?
7. GROUP TWO: England choke again. How many points did they have after the three group games?
8. GROUP TWO: Who finished top of this group?
9. GROUP TWO: The final game of group two ended Netherland 1 - Ireland 0. Who scored the lone Dutch goal?
10. SEMI-FINAL ONE - USSR v Italy: This semi-final was played at the Gottlieb-Daimler Stadium in Stuttgart. What was the end scoreline in USSR's favour?
11. SEMI-FINAL ONE - USSR v Italy: Six yellow cards were handed out during the game. Who did not receive a yellow card?
12. SEMI-FINAL TWO - Netherlands v West Germany: This was the first Dutch win over West Germany since _____ ?
13. SEMI-FINAL TWO - Netherlands v West Germany: Who scored the first goal of the match?
14. FINAL: Where was the final played?
15. FINAL: Who scored the first goal for the Netherlands?
Source: Author minardifan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.