Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which team won the first tournament in 1960?
2. Eight teams qualified for the 1980 finals, hosted by Italy. Which team emerged as the eventual champion?
3. Host nation France won the 1984 tournament to win their first European title. Which player was the top scorer with 9 goals?
4. Which nation won the 1988 tournament, although it lost the group stage match to Soviet Union, by defeating the same opponent in the final match?
5. Which country was the surprise winner of the 1992 tournament hosted by Sweden?
6. Sixteen teams qualified for the 1996 finals for the first time, hosted by England. Which team won this tournament?
7. France won their second European title in 2000, jointly hosted by Belgium and Netherlands. What was special about their win?
8. In 2004, what country (at odds of 150-1), unexpectedly won the tournament hosted by Portugal?
9. Which nation was the first team to win back-to-back championships, in 2008 and 2012?
10. For the first time twenty-four teams qualified for the 15th edition hosted by France in 2016. Portugal won their first European title. What was amazing about their win?
Source: Author sw11
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.