Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these former Cardinal broadcasters was admitted to the Broadcasters' Wing of the National Baseball Hall of Fame first?
2. The Cardinals once had a pitcher named Von McDaniel. But Von had an older brother who was also a Cardinal. This older brother would become one of baseball's premier relievers, both as a Cardinal and later a Yankee. What was his name?
3. True or False: Atlanta once hosted a Triple-A Cardinals minor league team.
4. In what year did Mark McGwire break the single season home run record?
5. The Cardinals sponsor a charity that provides help and aid to needy children and families. What is is called?
6. When the Cardinals lost the World Series to the Kansas City Royals in 1985 a lot of fans blamed it on a bad call at first base in game six. Who was the umpire who made that call?
7. Which Cardinal's General Manager was responsible for obtaining Mark McGwire?
8. Who was Harry Caray's partner in the broadcast booth when he first began calling Cardinal games on the radio?
9. What was Tony LaRussa's first season as manager of the Cardinals?
10. In the 2016 All Star Game all four of the starting infielders were from the Chicago Cubs, marking only the second time in All Star Game history that one team occupied the starting infield. The Cardinals were the first team to do so. In what year did that occur?
Source: Author Bob9491
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.