Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these teams won a World Series first?
2. Which of these Hall of Fame greats did not wear the number 44?
3. From 1999-2002, pitcher Randy Johnson won four consecutive National League Cy Young awards. Which Dodger broke that streak and won it in 2003?
4. The League Championship Series playoffs (ALCS, NLCS) began in Major League Baseball in 1969. The reason for the new format in playoffs was mainly because two new teams were added in each league. Three of those teams were the Padres, Expos, and Royals. Who was the fourth team?
5. All these Major League Baseball managers played in over 1000 games, except for one who appeared in only one game as a player. Who is the odd one out?
6. Babe Ruth banged out 50+ home runs in a season four times in his Hall of Fame career. Who was the next player to hit 50 in a season more than once, and did it for two different teams?
7. Which of these baseball greats died first?
8. The NLDS/ALDS (Division Series) was added to baseball in the 1995 season in addition to the already NLCS/ALCS (League Championship Series). Which team was the first playoff Wildcard team to win a World Series crown?
9. In which year did Major League Baseball start presenting the Gold Glove Award for outstanding defensive play?
10. Which of these pitchers won the most career games in a Braves' uniform?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.