Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Arturs Irbe was born on February 2, 1967 in which of the following countries?
2. Arturs Irbe was drafted by the Minnesota North Stars, as their tenth round pick, 196th overall, in what year?
3. After proving his worth to the San Jose Sharks in the 1993-1994 season, Arturs suffered a major injury that affected his career. What was the cause of this injury?
4. Which of the following NHL teams had Arturs Irbe never goaltended for?
5. Arturs Irbe had used the same goalie pads throughout the entirety of both his NHL and his international hockey career.
6. In which of the following seasons did Arturs Irbe lead his team to the Stanley Cup finals?
7. After Arturs Irbe's glorious goaltending led his team to the Stanley Cup finals, his career once again hit a decline. Because of this quick decline he was not played as often as he had been in the previous seasons. How many games in total had Irbe played in the 2002-03 season?
8. During his NHL career, Irbe had played in two NHL all-star games. In which two seasons did Irbe earn the right to represent his conference?
9. During his NHL career, Arturs faced a total of five penalty shots. He was scored on by three of the shooters, Mats Sundin, Igor Larionov, and Hnat Domenichelli. He did however, stop two shots. Which players did Arturs Irbe stop on a penalty shot?
10. Arturs Irbe had a very unorthodox approach to the game of hockey. There were several unusual things which he did, for example, leaving some of his personal items on the team's bench between periods. What items did he often leave on the bench?
Source: Author Bruce007
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.