Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Saku Koivu hails from which Scandinavian country?
2. Before playing professional ice hockey in North America, Saku Koivu had played ice hockey for which Finnish Elite League (SM-Liga) team?
3. Saku Koivu was drafted by which "original six" NHL professional ice hockey team?
4. For how many seasons did Saku Koivu play in the NHL with the Montreal Canadiens in the NHL?
5. Saku Koivu held what distinction with the Montreal Canadiens hockey club when he left in 2009 to join the Anaheim Ducks?
6. Due to his small stature, Saku Koivu suffered through many debilitating sports injuries during his career. However, in 2001, a more serious predicament awaited him as he was diagnosed with which life threatening ailment?
7. What is the first name of Saku Koivu's younger brother, who was also playing ice hockey in the National Hockey League when Saku was playing?
8. Saku Koivu had a distinguished international ice hockey career playing for his native Finland at both the world championships and the Olympic games. In what year did he win a gold medal playing for the world champion Finnish ice hockey team?
9. During the 2010-11 off season, Saku Koivu exercised his free-agent status rights and chose to leave Montreal and sign with which other NHL team?
10. Saku Koivu is known for his contributions to the communities in which he has played. Which NHL award, presented annually to the player who best exemplifies this trait, in addition to providing leadership on and off the ice to his peers, did he win in 2007?
Source: Author GuyLafleur10
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.