Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When was Babe Ruth sold to the Yankees?
2. Of these four Hall-of-Famers, which has played the most games in pinstripes?
3. Don Mattingly set the record for hitting 6 grand slams in one season in 1987. Which Yankee is co-holder of the record for hitting 2 slams in one game?
4. Which Yankee was quoted as saying, 'Hitting the ball was easy. Running around the bases was the tough part.' ?
5. In 1941, Joe DiMaggio hit safely in 56 straight games. Who lays claim to the second-longest streak?
6. In the 1956 World Series, Don Larsen threw a perfect game against the Brooklyn Dodgers. However, in their history, the Yankees have never had a pitcher throw a perfect game during the regular season: True or False?
7. Which one of these Yankese does not have his number retired at Yankee Stadium?
8. Billy Martin's clashes with owner George Steinbrenner (among others) are well-documented. What is the combined number of times that Steinbrenner hired AND fired Martin?
9. In 1973, the NY Yankees employed their first designated hitter (DH). Who was he?
10. Which of these Yankee teams won 114 games in a single season?
Source: Author Turbofx
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.