Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1999, the Yankees won game three of the World Series thanks to a walk-off home run in extra innings by which outfielder?
2. Which one of these Yankee greats laid claim to be the first player in Major League history to win the All-Star Game and World Series MVP honors in the same year?
3. 1923 brought us the inaugural season at Yankee Stadium, and subsequently the club's first world championship. Which future Yankees' manager hit a home run for the opposing New York Giants?
4. In 1964, the CBS corporation purchased 80% of the club. When did the team win their next world championship?
5. Which Yankee was named the MVP of the 1977 World Series.
6. In 1956, Don Larsen pitched the first perfect game in postseason history. What Yankee hit a two-run homer to supply the only offense needed on this "perfect" day?
7. What Yankees' outfielder supplied Bucky Dent with a new bat just before the shortstop hit his infamous home run over the Green Monster, in the 1978 one-game playoff between the Bombers and the Red Sox?
8. On October 14, 1976, which Yankee hit only the second walk-off home run in Major League history to win a postseason series?
9. 1996 marked the beginning of a new dynasty in the South Bronx. While down two games to none, what Yankee hit a 3-run home run off Mark Wohlers to lead a six-run comeback in Game 4 of the World Series?
10. In the 1932 World Series, the greatest October legend of all was born. What ballpark did Babe Ruth "call" his famous shot in?
Source: Author shamrock24
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.