Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Domestically, Scottish football was dominated by the "Old Firm" of Celtic and Rangers throughout most of the 20th century. Which other Glasgow club was pre-eminent in the late 19th century, winning the Scottish FA Cup 10 times?
2. Scotland was involved in the very first international match in the world. Who were their opponents in 1872?
3. The Scottish Football League was founded in 1890, and the first championship was shared by Rangers and which other club?
4. In 1928, Scotland scored one of the biggest wins in their history when they thrashed England 5-1. What nickname was bestowed on that famous Scottish XI?
5. Scotland took part in the final stages of the FIFA World Cup for the first time in 1954. Their debut was an inauspicious one, including a 7-0 humiliation against which South American country?
6. In 1967, Celtic became the first British club to win the European Champions Cup. Which Italian club did they defeat in the final in Lisbon?
7. At the 1974 World Cup in West Germany, Scotland finally recorded their first victory in a World Cup Finals tournament. Which African country did they defeat 2-0?
8. A long period of domination by the Old Firm was temporarily halted in the early 1980s, when Aberdeen and Dundee United both won the League Championship. Who was the manager of Aberdeen who led them to three league titles during this era?
9. The Scottish FA broke with tradition in January 2002 when they appointed a non-Scot as national team coach. Which former German international defender was this?
10. Both Celtic and Rangers reached the final of the UEFA Cup in the first decade of the 21st century, but both lost. Which Portuguese and Russian teams did they lose to?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.