Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Major League Baseball didn't arrive on the west coast until 1958, when the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants relocated to Los Angeles and San Francisco respectively. The two teams opened the 1958 season against each other at which stadium?
2. Major League Soccer exapanded to three franchises in the state of California in 2005. Which one of these teams was NOT one of those three?
3. The men's US Open golf championship was held at various California courses in the first dozen years of the 21st century; which one of these courses was NOT one of them?
4. In 2007, which NHL team became the first from California to capture the Stanley Cup?
5. Which California city is home to a tennis tournament which is a part of both the ATP and WTA tours?
6. Which two California universities take part in an annual gridiron match known simply as the "Big Game"?
7. Carlsbad, California native Tony Hawk is a famous name in which sport?
8. Which Californian NBA team used to play their home games in Philadelphia?
9. During the 1960s/70s, John Wooden won an unprecedented ten NCAA National Championships as head men's basketball coach at which college?
10. The Oakland Raiders are one of the most storied franchises in the National Football League. What maverick owner moved them to Los Angeles in 1982 before doing an about-turn and taking them home to Oakland in 1995?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stuthehistoryguy
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.