Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although Bart Starr was awarded the MVP award in Super Bowl I, perhaps an even better performance was turned in by one of his wide receivers. Who was this alliteratively named player who had seven catches for 138 yards and two touchdowns in Super Bowl I?
2. Played in January 1982 Super Bowl XVI was narrowly won by the San Francisco 49ers thanks in large part to their kicker capping off four drives with field goals. Who was this kicker for the 49ers who was born in Austria and would play for the team for 11 seasons?
3. Super Bowl III was a huge upset with the 18-point underdog New York Jets winning the game 16-7. What impressive feat did the Jets defense accomplish in the game against Baltimore's star quarterbacks Johnny Unitas and Earl Morrall?
4. Super Bowl LII played in February 2018 was a high scoring affair with 74 points and 1,151 yards gained. Despite losing the game, which team became the first in a Super Bowl to have three players gain over 100 receiving yards with Rob Gronkowski, Danny Amendola and Chris Hogan crossing that barrier?
5. Although there were 41 points scored in the game Super Bowl XXXV in 2001 set a dubious record with 21 punts. Which New York Giants player got his legs a workout by punting 11 times in the game?
6. The Miami Dolphins defense had a dominant game in Super Bowl VII in 1973. Which defensive lineman for the Dolphins had a super performance by recording 11 solo tackles and six assisted tackles along with a quarterback sack?
7. Super Bowl IX was played in January 1975 and during the game a player for the Pittsburgh Steelers had an immaculate performance as he rushed for 158 yards on 34 carries. Who was this Hall of Famer that would win MVP honors?
8. The New York Giants won Super Bowl XXI in 1987 behind a dominant performance from their quarterback. Who was this player that had only three incompletions on 25 pass attempts while throwing for three touchdowns?
9. It isn't often where a player has over 100 interception return yards in a game. Which Denver Broncos player achieved this feat in Super Bowl XXXIII in 1999 by having two picks and 108 interception return yards?
10. Super Bowl XLVIII in 2014 showcased the versatility of a Seattle Seahawks player who led the team in rushing and also had an 87-yard kickoff return for a touchdown. Who was this wide receiver who in addition to winning this Super Bowl also won two National Championships in college with the Florida Gators?
Source: Author Triviaballer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.