Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 1969 New York Mets won 100 regular season games en route to the National League East title. Which team did the Mets defeat in the N.L. Championship Series?
2. Gil Hodges was the manager of the 1969 New York Mets. Which uniform number did the Mets' skipper wear? Hodges wore the same number when he played for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the 1950s.
3. Tom Seaver was the ace of the 1969 New York Mets' pitching staff, compiling an impressive record of 25-7 with an ERA of 2.21. Which lefty pitcher was second on the staff with 17 victories?
4. Derrel Harrelson was the starting shortstop on the 1969 New York Mets squad. Can you supply Harrelson's nickname?
5. In September 1969, the New York Mets played a memorable game against Steve Carlton and the St. Louis Cardinals. Carlton struck out 19 batters but lost the contest, 4-3. Which Mets' outfielder, known as "Rocky", hit a pair of 2-run homers against Carlton?
6. In June 1969, the New York Mets made a deal to obtain veteran slugger Donn Clendenon. Which team traded Clendenon to the Mets?
7. Tommie Agee, an outfielder on the New York Mets, had an amazing Game Three in the 1969 World Series against the Baltimore Orioles. What feats did he accomplish during the contest?
8. In the 1969 World Series, the New York Mets' pitching staff recorded two saves. Ron Taylor saved one game. Which other pitcher, who wore uniform number 30, picked up a save against Baltimore?
9. Al Weis played second base for the 1969 New York Mets and became a World Series hero. Which one of these players alternated at second base with Weis?
10. Ed Charles played third base for the 1969 New York Mets, sharing playing time with Wayne Garrett. What was Charles' nickname?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.