Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. OK, an easy one to begin. Which Celtic manager signed Lubo Moravcik?
2. Who was Martin O'Neill's first signing for Celtic?
3. Which English manager sold Olivier Tebily to Celtic and then, in 2002, bought him back from Celtic?
4. After Martin O'Neill took over at Celtic, who were the first team to take a point from Celtic Park?
5. After Martin O'Neill took over at Celtic, who were the first SPL team to avoid defeat against Celtic?
6. In Martin O'Neill's first cup final (CIS Cup) Larsson scored a hat-trick to sink Kilmarnock, but which Celtic player was sent off in the match?
7. Who scored Celtic's first goal in European competition under Martin O'Neill?
8. Who scored Celtic's first Scottish Cup goal under Martin O'Neill?
9. The manager who brought Henrik Larsson to Celtic also signed which one of the following players for Celtic?
10. Dr. Josef Venglos' first competitive match as Celtic manager was a Champions' League qualifier at Celtic Park against which team?
11. In Dr. Josef Venglos' first domestic match, who scored a hat-trick?
12. In Dr. Venglos' second league game, Celtic were awarded three penalties at Pittodrie. All three were taken by different players. Whose penalty hit the post?
13. In season 1995/1996, where did Celtic play their home league games?
14. Henrik Larsson scored his 100th league goal for Celtic against which club?
15. In which year did Celtic make their second appearance in a European Cup Final?
16. True or False, Tommy Burns won his first "Old Firm" game as manager?
17. Pierre Van Hooijdonk never scored against Rangers at Celtic Park?
18. On the 21st of November, 1998, Celtic scored how many goals?
19. Alan Thompson scored on his Celtic debut against which side?
20. Celtic ended a run of 6 trophyless years by beating Airdrie in the 1995 Scottish Cup Final. Van Hooijdonk scored the goal, but who played in goal for Celtic that day?
21. John Barnes' first defeat as Celtic manager came in a 2-1 defeat at Tannadice in August 1999. Who scored Celtic's goal that day?
22. Lou Macari's first game as Celtic manager ended in a 2-0 defeat to which club?
23. Henrik Larsson's first Champions League goal for Celtic came against which team?
24. August 27th, 2000. Celtic 6-2 Rangers. In the last minute Sutton scored his 2nd from a cross from the left. Who provided the cross?
25. Stilian Petrov's return from his broken leg in September 2001 saw him score 4 goals in 5 games, all from free kicks. Against which team did the third of these goals come?
Source: Author Bazalinhio
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.