Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many points did Celtic end the season with?
2. Which player scored Celtic's first and also their one-hundredth goal of this record breaking season?
3. John Hartson was given his Celtic debut as a substitute against which side?
4. Martin O'Neill brought in three players on the eve of the European transfer deadline in August 2001. John Hartson, Momo Sylla and which other player?
5. In August, Celtic suffered their only home defeat of the season. Ajax won the match 1-0, but who scored?
6. Our first game in September saw the debut of summer signing Bobo Balde. Who were the visitors to Celtic Park?
7. The tragic events of September the 11th meant that Celtic's first Champions League game was postponed. Who should have been Celtic's opponents?
8. Young star Shaun Maloney got his first league goal for Celtic on which SPL ground in September 2001?
9. The extraordinary match in Turin against Juventus. 2-2 with 3 minutes remaining. Amoruso was the player who dived for the Juventus penalty, but which player actually scored the spot kick?
10. John Hartson and Bobo Balde both opened their Celtic goalscoring accounts in October. Which side were the victims?
11. At the end of October and the start of November, Celtic played successive home games against Kilmarnock, Juventus and Rangers. One man scored in all three. Who?
12. The UEFA cup saw Celtic paired with Valencia. The match of course went to a penalty shootout, only one of the following players scored their penalty that night, which one?
13. December saw Celtic's only SPL defeat of the season, which team took the three points?
14. On Boxing Day (26 December), Celtic lost two goals at home for the first and only time in this amazing season. Which team did we beat by 3 goals to 2?
15. Our first game in March saw a tense 1-0 victory over Aberdeen. The goal came from the penalty spot and the scorer was later sent off in the match. Name him.
16. During the 01/02 season, one Celt scored twice at Ibrox. Who?
17. 6 April 2002 - Title clinching day. Who scored a hat trick in our 5-1 demolition of Livingston?
18. Celtic were beaten by Rangers in both cups at Hampden. Which Celt scored in both defeats?
19. Celtic played several friendlies against English sides and were unbeaten in all of them. Which of the following teams didn't Celtic beat?
20. Which player scored all of Celtic's final 3 SPL goals in the fantastic 2001/02 season?
Source: Author Bazalinhio
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.