Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From which franchise did the Mets sign catcher Gary Carter in the 1984-85 offseason?
2. Who is the mustachoied Met who made cameo appearances in "Seinfeld" during 1992 and also appeared in the 1998 blockbuster finale of the show?
3. Which pitcher tied Doc Gooden as team leader with 200 strikeouts for the 1986 Mets?
4. Who led Mets outfielders in appearances in 1986 and also led the team in stolen bases with 31?
5. Who led the 1986 Mets in both saves and wins out of the ballpen during the regular season?
6. Which Met hit the famous dribbler than found its way under Bill Buckner's glove at first base in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series?
7. Which Met infielder batted .298 in 137 regular season appearances in 1986 and then collected the World Series MVP award?
8. Which Mets pitcher went a combined 0-3 in the 1986 NLCS and World Series?
9. Who led the 1986 Mets in Home Runs during the regular season?
10. The 1986 Mets were managed by Davey Johnson. With which franchise had he previously won two World Series titles as a player?
Source: Author EnglishJedi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.