Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which baseball legend was nicknamed the "Georgia Peach".
2. Jim Thorpe was the first Native American to win a gold medal at the Olympic Games.
3. What is the last name of a football great whose outstanding career was later overshadowed by a murder trial?
4. What was basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's first name at birth?
5. In 1998, a list called "NASCAR's 50 Greatest Drivers" was compiled to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR). Which of these four drivers was NOT on that list?
6. Of the following four American great boxers, who was born first?
7. Which professional sport did Babe Didrikson Zaharias play?
8. Mike Modano is regarded by some as being the best-ever U.S. ice hockey player. What position did he play?
9. Which of these U.S. female tennis players won more major singles tournaments in her career than the other three?
10. Landon Donovan is often regarded as the best ever U.S.-born soccer player. Did he ever play on a team in the American Major League Soccer?
Source: Author Trivia_Fan54
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.