Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first major upset on "American Idol" season six was when a five time contestant was eliminated during the top 20 depite being one of the best singers of the night. What is the name of this contestant?
2. Which female contestant sparked controversy when semi-nude pictures of her were released midway through the competition?
3. The second major upset during season six of "American Idol" was the elimination of a strong contender during week 3 of "American Idol". Which contestant was eliminated despite being a very strong contender during the top 16 round?
4. The third major upset was a male contestant who was voted off during the top 16 despite being considered one of the best male singers thanks to his performance in the top 20. In the top 20 he sang "Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett, and while his top 16 performance wasn't as good, it definitely wasn't a poor performance. Which contestant fits this description?
5. The fourth major upset in "American Idol" season six was the elimination of a major contestant who was expected to go all the way. This contestant was eliminated for having a weak performance in the top 11 despite having very strong performances in the past. Who is this contestant?
6. The fifth major upset on "American Idol" season six was the elimination of a very talented singer during the top 9 round of the competition. Almost no one had predicted this singer's elimination so early in the competition especially considering the night before, the singer had received relatively good comments from the judges. Who is this singer?
7. Which contestant outlasted a lot of other contestants who were more talented by working his/her hair instead of working on his/her voice?
8. Who did Simon kiss after he/she made a major comeback during Bon Jovi night?
9. The last major upset in the competition was when the most versatile of contestants was voted off just before the finale. If this contestant had gotten through, the finale would have been a lot closer than it actually was. A lot of people tried to explain the reasoning behind he/she getting voted off and the major agreement was that he/she wasn't contemporary enough. Who is this contestant?
10. What were the names of the two songwriters who wrote the winning song that was sung by both finalists during the season six finale of "American Idol"?
11. Who was the only previous "American Idol" winner to not perform during the season six finale of "American Idol"?
12. The elimination song this year was different from the previous year. What was the main elimination song this year?
13. What is the name of the little girl who became famous because she cried during Sanajaya Malakar's "You Really Got Me" performance?
14. What was the 'big shocker' that Ryan Seacrest mentioned during "Idol Gives Back" week?
15. Who was the winner of season six of "American Idol"?
Source: Author teenorca
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ladymacb29
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.