Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The typical plot found the hero in San Francisco, often romancing a sexy female. Then he would get a telegram that asked for his aid. In the time it took to run a commercial, he was transported in Arizona, or Nevada, or Montana where he helped the underdog to triumph over evil forces. What was the name of this TV western?
2. Eric Fleming starred as Gil Favor in the long-running television western "Rawhide". The second lead was a character called Rowdy Yates. Who played Yates?
3. In the early episodes of "Gunsmoke", who played the 'comic relief' to James Arness's Matt Dillon?
4. "Trackdown" aired 1957-1959. It featured Hoby Gilman, a gunslinger who righted wrongs based upon actual files of the Texas Rangers, an innovative concept at the time. Who played Gilman?
5. "Wanted Dead or Alive" was a spinoff of "Trackdown". Who starred as Josh Randall?
6. "Wagon Train" aired from 1957-1965. The first four years featured one actor as the Wagon Master and another actor the last four years. What two actors played the Wagon Masters?
7. "Maverick" was one the most popular TV westerns of its era. The pressure of producing an hour long western each week resulted in actors sharing the leading role. James Garner was Bret Maverick and Jack Kelly as Bart Maverick. Later an actor named Robert Colbert played a third brother Brent. There was also a fourth Maverick named Beau who was an English cousin. Who played Beau?
8. One of the most unusual television westerns featured a hero who employed oriental martial arts as a weapon. Name that western.
9. Eschewing the quick-draw cliche of other TV westerns, Chuck Connors created a a new western hero with another weapon. What was the name of this TV western?
10. "Bonanza" ran for 14 years from 1959 to 1973. It chronicled the adventures of the Cartwright family, Ben, played by Lorne Green and his three sons played by Pernell Roberts (Adam), Dan Blocker (Hoss), and Joe (Michael Landon). Who was the only one of the four original cast members not to wear a toupee during filming?
Source: Author Rehaberpro
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ladymacb29
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.