Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Beautiful white marble building in Agra, India that was built as a symbol of the love of the Shah Jahan for his late wife.
2. Quartzite rock formations in the hills of north-west Botswana that are noted for rock paintings charting thousands of years of human history.
3. Archaeological site on the Silk Road in Punjab province, Pakistan that contains evidence of settlement from the Mesolithic, Neolithic, Bronze Age and Iron Age alongside important buildings of the Buddhist and Muslim religions.
4. Ruined Roman city and military camp in the Aurès Mountains of Algeria, founded by the Emperor Trajan in 100 AD.
5. Fortification and royal palace dating back to the 11th century that was used as a prison for over 800 years.
6. Legendary city defeated because of a wooden horse in Homer's 'The Iliad', the remains of which were uncovered in modern day Turkey in the late 19th century.
7. Medieval town, noted for its Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque architecture, located on Croatia's Adriatic coastline.
8. Wine production region at the confluence of the Tisza and Bodrog rivers, which has extensive historic wine cellars carved into the local volcanic rock.
9. Major city of Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea, which was originally an ancient Phoenician city dating back to around 2750 BC.
10. Roman lighthouse outside the harbour of the city of A Coruña in north-west Spain, which claimed to be the oldest working lighthouse in the world.
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.