Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When did Australia declare itself in World War II after Britain's declaration of war on September 3, 1939?
2. Which British naval base fell to the Japanese in February 1942?
3. After which major event did Australia change its favour for Britain to the United States?
4. Which of the following roles did Australian women NOT fulfill during the Second World War?
5. When Australia felt threatened by a Japanese invasion, which country sent troops to help defend it?
6. How did the Aboriginal people of Australia benefit by the American presence in the country?
7. What happened to the Australian economy during World War II?
8. Which of these were NOT declared as "enemy aliens" during World War II and thus not interned?
9. In August 1941, Australian Prime Minister Robert Menzies resigned. He was briefly succeeded by Arthur Fadden, but who served as PM from October 1941 to July 1945?
10. Which of the following occurred in Australia at the end of WWII?
Source: Author JayJay22
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.