Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Harry Potter books have been translated into many languages. What is the title of the first book, in the French translations?
2. The name "Hogwart's" is quite difficult for a French speaker to pronounce, so the name of Harry's school was changed. What was it changed to?
3. Which of these characters keeps their original name in the French translations?
4. Which company published the first Harry Potter books in France?
5. What is the correct French title for the third book in the series?
6. By what name is the French version of clumsy, forgetful Neville Longbottom known?
7. Draco Malfoy is an unlikeable, unpleasant, and downright nasty piece of work. What is he called in French?
8. The names of the four Hogwart's Houses are also changed. Which House is renamed "Poufsouffle"?
9. Which character is renamed "Miss Teigne" in the French translations of the Harry Potter books?
10. "Praline longue langue" is the inspired translation of something featured in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". It was invented by Fred and George Weasley, and deployed with comic consequences on poor, innocent little Dudley Dursley. What was this sweet (but nasty) concoction?
Source: Author Elanor
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.