Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which American actor and director led a successful campaign to build a replica of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on London's South Bank?
2. A popular UK TV show between 1955 and 1967 was broadcast from a famous London theatre situated just to the south of Oxford Street. Its name was "Sunday Night at the ..." where?
3. When it opened in 1977, which of the following was NOT one of the three stages that comprised London's National Theatre complex?
4. The New London Theatre, built in 1973, was the home of which long-running musical between 1981 and 2002?
5. The Savoy Theatre in the Strand got its name because it was built next to the Savoy Hotel. True or False?
6. The Unicorn Theatre in Tooley Street, near London Bridge Railway Station, is dedicated to producing plays aimed at which particular audiences?
7. The Novello Theatre in the Aldwych is named after which individual, who lived in a flat in the same building for many years?
8. Between 1953-1979, who was the founder and artistic director of the Theatre Workshop, based at the Theatre Royal Stratford East?
9. Which theatre became famous between 1871 and 1902 for the performances there by Sir Henry Irving, especially in such Shakespearean roles as Hamlet, Macbeth and Shylock?
10. What is the main distinguishing feature of the theatre in Regent's Park?
Source: Author stedman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.