Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What does "buterbrod" mean?
2. Tula, one of the most beautiful and historical cities in Russia, is best known for two things: the tea-brewing devices called "samovars", and a very popular cookie-like pastry. What is its name?
3. You are very thirsty and you stroll into a cafe. You buy a "gazirovka". You are not thirsty anymore!
4. This is a very well known Russian soup. Its main ingredients are beets and cabbage. The unique flavour and color comes from the beetroot. What is it called?
5. You are in the mood for something sweet. A street vendor offers you some Russian ice cream called "Eskimo". It is ice cream dipped in chocolate on a stick. How do you say "ice cream" in Russian?
6. Whenever you think of a Russian delicacy, the first thing that pops into your head is caviar. What would you call any kind of caviar in Russia?
7. A "shchi" is a fried dish usually served in restaurants.
8. Which alcoholic drink is typical at any dinner table in Russia?
9. Russia is also popular for its exquisite candy. One of the most popular types is "Belochka" ("squirrel"). What does it consist of?
10. Finally, how would you say "Enjoy your meal" in Russian?
Source: Author Irena98_00
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Matve
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.