Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 'I love you' is what everybody wants to hear. In Finland we say:
2. It is polite to greet people when you see them. In the morning we say 'good morning', of course. In Finnish it is:
3. A shoe in Finnish is 'kenkä'. But what is the plural form of it?
4. 'Kuusi' means six, but what else does it mean?
5. Coffee is a very popular drink in Finland. When you go to a cafe and want to order it, you say:
6. The word 'quiz' is familiar to you, but what would that be in Finnish?
7. A box means 'laatikko' and an office is 'toimisto', but how would you say a box-office in Finnish?
8. Santa Claus lives, according to some beliefs, in Finland. What is 'Santa Claus' in Finnish?
9. In Finnish we have many long, difficult words. That's why in the spoken language some words get shorter and lots of slang expressions are used. A litter basket (roskakori) becomes 'roskis' for example. Can you indicate a shorter form of 'lukujärjestys'(timetable)?
10. What is 'kännykkä' in English?
Source: Author Bigbro
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Beatka
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.