Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Racial disparities in the U.S. criminal justice system have decreased since 1980.
2. According to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), most violent crimes in the U.S. are committed not because the offender is in on drugs, but because the offender wants to buy drugs.
3. The Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) uses the majority of its budget for which of these goals?
4. The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) was established under which U.S. President's Administration?
5. Which of the following is NOT considered a Schedule I drug?
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the harms that the War on Drugs has caused?
7. Research shows that drug courts reduce crime rates between 25-42%
8. Drug offenders are less likely to recidivate (get rearrested) than non-drug offenders.
9. Most people arrested in the War on Drugs are not what?
10. Prior to the passing of the Fair Sentencing Act (FSA) of 2010, possession of five grams of crack cocaine in the U.S. resulted in a mandatory minimum prison sentence of five years, while the same five year sentence would require being caught in possession of 500 grams of powder cocaine.
Source: Author schuhmacher
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.