Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which country celebrates Christmas not by having Santa Claus visit, but with 13 mischievous trolls roaming the countryside the week before Christmas dropping off presents for the good children and leaving rotting potatoes for the bad kids?
2. In the 1946 Christmas movie "It's A Wonderful Life", what is the name of the angel?
3. Which song got to be the Christmas number one in the UK singles chart twice, first in 1975 and again in 1991?
4. An essential feature of the Christmas season in Italy, as well as an art form, what is a "presepio"?
5. How many of the first six full-length films in the "Home Alone" franchise include the Kevin McCallister character?
6. The first song performed in space was by Walter Schirra Jr and Thomas P. Stafford aboard Gemini VI. Which tune was it?
7. Three of the following names are representative of ONE of Santa's reindeer that was originally named in Clement Clarke Moore's 1823 "A Visit From St. Nicholas". Which is the odd one out?
8. Which of these historical events did not occur on Christmas Day?
9. Unscramble *I HOARD LYCHEE* to find a two-word phrase referring to the Christmas spirit.
10. A Texas tradition is visiting the River Walk to see the Christmas lights and luminarias. Which Texas city hosts this event?
11. Which country has Kentucky Fried Chicken as its traditional Christmas Dinner?
12. "Frosty the Snowman" first appeared as a Christmas song in 1950 but he really came to life in his own animated TV special in 1969. What were the somewhat ironic first words he spoke after he donned that magic top hat?
13. Tradition dictates that Christmas decorations in the UK are taken down by which religious day?
14. Where does the 'mas' in Christmas come from?
15. Which well-known Christmas carol is set to the tune of the 13th century song "Tempus adest floridum" (which translates as "Eastertime has come")?
16. What legumes are traditionally eaten in Italy on New Year's Day, as they are believed to bring prosperity in the new year?
17. Which major prophet foretold: "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel"?
18. Counting the partridge in a pear tree as one item, how many presents would you receive if someone gifted you everything from the entire song of "12 days of Christmas"?
19. In Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" who is the main rival to Halloween Town's "Pumpkin King", Jack Skellington?
20. In Texas, many families gather to make these traditional Christmas food items, masa (corn meal) rolled around a savory filling. What's on the menu?
21. What did a 1939 story from Robert L May add to Christmas?
22. Which of these specialty dishes is consumed at Christmastime in southern Africa?
23. True or False? There are only three ghosts that appear in the Charles Dickens' story "A Christmas Carol".
24. Two major sporting events commence the day after Christmas on Boxing Day (26th December). Which three Australian cities are involved in these two events?
25. William Shakespeare would probably have loved "pandoro", the delicious Italian Christmas cake named after its bright yellow colour. Which city does it come from?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.