Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It happened again. You weren't able to distinguish the street names very well, while driving around. And with the one-way streets in the neighbourhood, you drifted further away from where you are sure the hotel you are looking for is situated. For once you actually listen to your wife and stop to ask for directions at a nearby shop. You want to ask: "Excuse me, do you know where The Red Lion Hotel is?"
2. The shop owner has no problem understanding your question. Your pronunciation is perfect. And she is very happy to give you directions to the hotel.
She tells you: "Desigur! e foarte aproape. (Sure, it's very near).
"O luaTi pe prima strada la stînga si Hotelul sa afla dupa primul bloc."
What does this mean?
3. When you want to thank somebody for giving you directions, you say "MulTumesc, foarte mult", which means 'thank you very much'.
4. The next day you wish to ask somebody on the street to give you directions to the Cathedral. The person talks quite fast and you miss some words in the phrases. Can you choose the 3 appropriate and correctly spelled missing words? " E ________ aproape. O ______ pe prima ________ la dreapta. Catedrala este la intersecTia Bulevardului Unirii cu strada Frunzei. '
5. When you want to ask someone what time it is, what do you ask?
6. "Este ora patru", the man you're asking answers you. This means it's four o'clock.
7. In Romanian, a quarter past seven = ora Sapte Si un sfert. A quarter to ten = ora zece fără un sfert. What is ten past four?
8. Half past three is 'ora doua jumate"
9. You want to enter a souvenir shop, but they are about to close for a lunch break. They tell you to come back later. What is "later" in Romanian?
10. The last question of this quiz. If you have answered all, or most of these questions correctly, you will be able to say 'vorbesc RomâneSte'. (I speak Romanian). So, here is the last question: To ask 'At what hour do i need to be at the hotel?", one would ask: 'La ce _____ trebuie sa fiu la ______?
Fill in the blanks. (choose the three correctly spelled and appropriate answers)
Source: Author Esther74
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.