Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which city will you find the Lotus Temple, a Bahá'í House of Worship known for its flower like shape?
2. James Hoban, the architect who designed the White House, modeled the president's home after which building in Ireland?
3. Overlooking the Danube, in which city would you find the Fisherman's Bastion?
4. Which multi award-winning iconic Australian building was designed with sailing ships in mind and is, of course, white?
5. The USA isn't the only country to have a "White House" where the head of state has his (or her) office. In which country do we also find a presidential office named the white house?
6. The Wat Rong Khun is a popular tourist destination in Thailand's Chiang Rai province. By what name is this particularly striking modern building also known?
7. We all know that the Taj Mahal is a mausoleum and probably the largest white burial building in the world. However, according to the principles of which religion was it built?
8. The name of which important city in Northern Africa translates to "White House" in English and is named after an ancient fortress that once stood there?
9. Canberra, Australia has a white building known locally as the MAD House. What is it used for?
10. The stunningly white Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is the largest mosque in which country?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.