Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the title of a prize-winning novel by Zadie Smith that was first released in 2000 and featured a pair of Second World War veterans who became best friends despite their differing backgrounds?
2. The 1979 novel 'A Dry White Season', by the South African author André Brink, addressed which of the following social and political issues?
3. In which fantasy series was 'The White Rose' the third published book?
4. Which literary detective, created by Ngaio Marsh, solves the murders in the novel 'Death in a White Tie'?
5. Aravind Adiga's Booker Prize winning novel, 'The White Tiger', is set in which country?
6. Which of these "white" titles was written by Jack London?
7. In which book does Heinrich Harrer describe the first successful ascent of the North Face of the Eiger?
8. Published in 1859, Wilkie Collins's 'The Woman in White' is widely regarded as the first example of which genre?
9. Who wrote 'The Big White Book of Weddings'?
10. Philippa Gregory's 2009 historical novel 'The White Queen' is the first in her 'Cousin's War' series about prominent women of England's Wars of the Roses. Which historical figure was the titular 'White Queen'?
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.