Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This tower in Toronto, Canada, was the world's tallest structure for over 30 years. Which of these was originally built by a transcontinental railway company?
2. Opened in 1964, this London tower was built for microwave communications. The tower, reaching a height of 620ft (189m), was closed to the public in 1980. Today it is recognized by the name it was given when the General Post Office (GPO) was privatized. Which of the towers below does this describe?
3. Since 1978, the Dallas, Texas, USA, skyline has included the 50-story Reunion tower. The top of the tower is enclosed in a geodesic dome which has earned which of the following nicknames?
4. Completed in 1968, this tower in Munich, Germany, was built for the 1972 Summer Olympics. The tower hosts the Restaurant 181 and a small Rock and Roll museum. Which of the listed landmarks does this describe?
5. In the Macau Special Administration Region of the People's Republic of China, a tower was completed in 2001. This tower was commissioned by Stanley Ho Hung-Sun after seeing the Sky Tower in Auckland. Which of these Chinese landmarks is being described?
6. This tower was built for the 1980 Moscow Summer Olympics regatta and opened ten days before the race. Which of these towers is located the capital of Estonia?
7. The Bridge of the Slovak National Uprising (Most SNP) Bratislava, Slovakia, crosses the Danube River. The structure atop this cable-stayed bridge has earned it a new nickname, can you pick it from these possibles?
8. This tower located in Niagara Falls, Canada, celebrated a 50th anniversary in 2015. Which of the towers listed below has a view of both the Horseshoe Falls and the American Falls?
9. Construction for this Australian tower was completed and opened to public access in 1981. Four sections of the tower are open to the public and two contain restaurants: Sydney Tower Dining and 360 Bar and Dining. Can you identify this superstructure?
10. In a structure originally built for the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle, Washington, USA, there were two restaurants. This was remodelled to host the single SkyCity restaurant. Which of these structures can be found in Seattle?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.