Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Medina quarter of which of the four imperial cities of Morocco is home to the Grand Mosque, as well as the Dar Jamai Museum?
2. Taforalt is a cave in Morocco that was used for what purpose during prehistoric times?
3. The Maqam Echahid in Algiers is a monument in memory of the country's war for independence. What is it known as in English?
4. What is the name of the Roman Catholic basilica in Algiers, which contains an inscription on its apse that translates to "Our Lady of Africa, pray for us and for the Muslims"?
5. Leptis Magna became designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982 because of its well-preserved Roman ruins. In which country is it located?
6. The Red Castle Museum, which contains 5,000 years worth of Libyan history, is located in which city?
7. El Djem, Tunisia is home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site that reflects the magnificence of the Roman Empire. What type of construction is it?
8. What is the name of the largest synagogue in Tunisia, which is located on the island of Djerba and is the destination of an annual pilgrimage during the Jewish holiday, Lag BaOmer?
9. Chinguetti, Mauritania became important during Medieval times as a trade center and crossroads for different types of people. As a result of this, many buildings, like the Bibliotheque Habott, were established to be used as what?
10. Chinguetti, Ouadane, Oualata, and Tichit were designated collectively as a UNESCO World Heritage Site because they are fortified Berber towns known as what?
Source: Author tiffanyram
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.