Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We start our journey around Ohio's universities with probably the best-known university in the state. Based in the state's capital of Columbus, and founded in 1870, this university has a huge fandom throughout all of Ohio, and many people around the world. Nicknamed the Buckeyes, what college have we visited?
2. This Ohio university opened in 1872 under the name Buchtel College, named after John Buchtel, the college's largest financial supporter. In 1913, the college's assets were transferred to the city in which it was located, and was renamed. The name it is today was officially established in 1967. Where are we?
3. This university was founded in 1910 in Kent, Ohio. It, like Ohio State, has several regional campuses across the Buckeye State. Over the years, the sports teams from this university became arch rivals of the Akron Zips. Which university are we visiting?
4. This next stop on our trip brings us to a university that was founded in 1819. Originally named Cincinnati College, it was renamed in 1870, when the funding for a university came from the will of a generous benefactor. Where are we?
5. This university was the first university to be founded by an act of congress, specifically the Northwest Ordinance of 1787. Officially founded in Athens, Ohio in 1804, it opened fully for students in 1809. Which university, nicknamed the Bobcats, are we at now?
6. This university in the Buckeye state was founded in 1967, and the name came from the combining of two other colleges which existed at the time. Which university, located in Cleveland, are we visiting?
7. This university is also based in Cleveland, and opened in 1965 after merging with Fenn College. It also obtained the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1969, helping make it the university it is today. Which university is it?
8. This university in Westerville, Ohio was founded in 1847 by members of a church. Named after Philip William Otterbein, the founder of the church, which university are we visiting now?
9. Our penultimate stop on our university trip through Ohio takes us to Dayton. This university was founded by the Society of Mary in 1850. This Roman Catholic university goes by the nickname of the "Flyers." Where are we?
10. Our final stop on our college journey through Ohio, is also in Dayton. Established in 1967, this university boasts a level of diversity that is unparalleled in the United States, as they are one of the most disability friendly campuses in the country. Which university, named after the Wright brothers, is our final stop?
Source: Author jddrsi_raven
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.