Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 'waku waku' in the title of this quiz might describe how you feel on the plane as you head off on your first trip to Japan. It means...
2. You're used to dogs barking 'woof woof' or 'bow wow' in English, but now you're in Japan what do Japanese dogs say?
3. You're having a day out in Tokyo with friends and one of them says she's feeling 'peko peko'. Where might you head to next?
4. You see a group of children heading home from school. Their parents would be glad to know that they are 'niko niko', which means...
5. After commenting on the school children, your friends compliment you on the fluency of your Japanese, which they describe as...
6. Another animal question...What kind of farm animal says 'buu buu'?
7. Those school children are back again and quite interested in the foreigner in their midst. You could ask them to "jiro jiro minaide kudasai" which means 'please stop...
8. You're sitting in a park now and a toddler nearby is banging repeatedly on his toy drum. What sound does it make?
9. Your friend introduces you to his mother who asks you if you're getting used to life in Japan ("Mo naremashita ka?"). You could answer "sukoshi zutsu" (little by little), or use which other expression with a similar meaning?
10. Your friends have come over for a little sayonara party. As they stand up to leave they might say "iki iki!"(which means 'let's go!') True or False?
Source: Author wajo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.