Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Japanese, the word 'Japan' is 'Nihon'. It is composed of two kanjis. The second kanji means 'origin'. What is the meaning of the first kanji?
2. 'Ongaku' means 'music'. The first kanji means 'sound'. What is the meaning of the second kanji?
3. The word 'bicycle' in Japanese contains three kanjis. Which of the following kanji meanings will you not find in this word?
4. Which color kanji meaning is used in the word for 'baby'?
5. Which of the following kanji meanings are shared by the words 'telephone' and 'train' in Japanese?
6. In Japan, 'hanabi' is a firework. The second kanji means 'fire'. What is the meaning of the first kanji?
7. Which of the following words does not share a kanji with the other three?
8. Which of the following words do not use the kanji meaning 'white'?
9. In the school system, which of the following kanji meanings is not used to indicate a school's level?
10. Which of the following kanji meanings is used to indicate the United States of America? (Hint: It's not what you think.)
Source: Author niigatajin
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.