Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You are in a restaurant and the waiter brings the "cuenta" on a salver. Would you expect to ...?
2. You are in an Italian restaurant. The waiter asks you whether he should bring the wine in a "fiasco"? What does he mean?
3. In a French restaurant a tired, rude waitress asks you if would you like a "bombe" to follow your steak? What would you do with it?
4. In a Dutch restaurant a helpful customer suggests you try the "uitsmijter". You reply "I don't like vegetarian food". Is that the correct response?
5. On your last trip to a restaurant an Irish waiter asks you to try some "mead". What would you do with it?
6. You are in New York on vacation and your Papa has asked you to bring him back a fedora. What does he want?
7. A friend gives you a sari as a gift. What would you do with it?
8. You are following road directions deep in the Kentucky countryside you have been told to take a right at a "Farriers" to reach your destination. What does a farrier do for a living?
9. After your vacation a friend asks "did you get those brogues in Ireland"? What is he enquiring about?
10. According to the national stereotype, what does an Australian mean when they say "I'm really up a gum tree now"?
11. You have inherited property from an old uncle in England which includes three settles. What are settles?
12. You find a sovereign in the settle. What do you do with it?
13. You move to the countryside and buy a house with a garden. A neighbour tells you, "you'll need a pair of secateurs when caring for those roses". What must you buy?
14. It is your first Christmas in your new home, and new friends come round with some Stollen. What do you do with it?
15. New Year and you invite some Scottish people for a few drinks. They keep talking about "first footing". What do they mean?
Source: Author Fiachra
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.