Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The editorial "Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus" was first published in which New York City newspaper?
2. When was the editorial "Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus" first published?
3. Virginia was only 8 years old when she wrote her letter to the paper, but what was her last name?
4. What was the name of the man who wrote the editorial response to Virginia's question?
5. The editor who answered Virginia was NOT:
6. Who told Virginia there was no Santa Claus?
7. Complete this line from the editorial: "Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no ________."
8. Complete this line from the editorial: "Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in _____."
9. Virginia's "Papa" told her to send her question to the paper. What did her father do for a living?
10. According to the editorial, for how long will Santa Claus "continue to make glad the heart of childhood"?
Source: Author jcpetersen
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.