Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 2008, archaeologists announced the discovery of Washington's boyhood home in which Virginia location?
2. As a British lieutenant colonel, Washington led an expedition in 1755 to drive the French from Fort Duquesne during the French and Indian (Seven Years) War. Fort Duquesne became which American city?
3. The surrender of Lord Charles Cornwallis to Washington at Yorktown in 1781 ended the Revolutionary War. In which state is Yorktown located?
4. How did Washington come to be the owner of Mount Vernon?
5. In the presidential election of 1788, only 10 of the original 13 states cast electoral votes. Of the following, which was the only state to cast electoral votes for President in 1788?
6. Washington's first inauguration as President took place in New York City in 1789. Where did his second inauguration take place?
7. Washington appointed the first three Supreme Court Chief Justices. Who of the following was not one of his appointees?
8. Washington was only one of two Presidents to command troops on the field while in office. Which event caused Washington to take up command of the troops?
9. After he retired from the Presidency, which was one of Washington's major accomplishments?
10. Until the passage of Public Law 94-479 in 1976, Washington was not the highest ranking military officer in the history of the United States. Until then, who had the highest military rank in US history?
Source: Author socalmiguel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.