Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. West Virginia became a state in the midst of what war?
2. Who was the first governor of West Virginia?
3. What was the first capital of West Virginia? It was also a city where conventions were held to create the state.
4. What political party was West Virginia's first governor?
5. What natural resource has West Virginia been most famous for?
6. Matewan and Blair Mountain are remembered as the site of battles in West Virginia where dozens of people were killed in 1920-1921. The US Army, state police and sheriff fought on one side. Who fought on the other?
7. In 1977 a well-known high bridge was built in West Virginia, named after the river valley it spanned. What is the bridge called?
8. What John Denver song was added most recently as West Virginia's state song?
9. What does the West Virginia state flag look like?
10. What is the English translation of West Virginia's state motto, adopted in the 1872 state constitution?
Source: Author littlepup
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.