Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "In the beginning..." What two books of the Bible start with this phrase?
2. Of course, most religions do not follow The Bible. Many, but not all, have their own versions of the creation of all things. An explanation for the beginning of the universe is called what?
3. The prevailing scientific theory for the starting point of the universe is called what? It is a phrase that was coined by astronomer Fred Hoyle in 1949.
4. Now we are moving towards the middle. "Middle" implies progression of time in this case. Years are designated in Western Culture based on whether they happened before or after a certain historical event that sort of serves as the "middle of time". What is this event?
5. In recent years, historians have been moving away from BC and AD and started designating dates as BCE and CE. What do BCE and CE stand for?
6. While we are in the middle of time, astronomers say our sun is a middle aged star. It is an average-sized yellow star about 4.6 billion years old. As it evolves and ages what will its next phase of life be?
7. We are getting towards the end. Many Christians believe that "the End" will come in a final battle between good and evil called Armageddon. Islam also believes in a Final Judgment. Most major religions have "end times" beliefs and mythologies. The study of and belief in "The End Times" is called what?
8. Marxism offers up an interesting end to history. According to Marxist theory, what will signify the end of history?
9. Some researchers (though not generally taken too seriously) say that the Mayan calendar gave us an exact date for the end of the world (cue ominous music!). When was it?
10. "And in the end, the love you take is equal to..."
Complete the phrase.
Source: Author Elder1954
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.