Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. An American cactus is named after which part of a beaver which passes last over the dam when the beaver is moving forward?
2. From a Dutch word meaning a ship's cookhouse, what is the name of the last car of a railroad train which passes through a tunnel when the train is going forward?
3. What is the scientific term for the tail-like appendage which sticks out of one end of a prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell (such as a bacterium or a human sperm cell), and wiggles?
4. In the mid- to late-19th Century, Western women's fashion dictated the use a device in the back of a skirt, just below the waist, which created the appearance of rather remarkable buttocks. What was this "enhancement" called?
5. A moveable submerged surface at the stern of a boat, rotated to create lateral force and thereby steer the vessel, is called a __________.
6. What is the approximate meaning of the British colloquial expression "talk the hind legs off a donkey"?
7. A restaurant is divided into those areas accessed by customers (entry, waiting area, dining room, bar, restrooms) and those where food is prepared and plated. What is the collective term for this latter area?
8. What is the level of two-star admiral in the United States Navy and Coast Guard equivalent to Major General in other branches of military service?
9. What is the scientific name of that group of muscles on which one sits and which are the last to enter the room when one walks in?
10. What do the last book of the New Testament of the Holy Bible and a 1987 song recorded by R.E.M. have in common?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.