Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I love to listen to my music. Part of my standard travel gear was my portable CD player and a large assortment of CDs. Thanks to technology, I can now carry up to 10,000 songs on my iPod, vastly reducing my travel gear. Which statement below would be considered false concerning my iPod?
2. Sometimes during short layovers, reading a newspaper is just the right thing to pass the time. Which popular newspaper, edited and composed in McLean, Virginia, first hit the streets in the Baltimore/Washington DC area in 1982?
3. If you've ever spent some time in an airport you'll see that there is no shortage of places to have an adult beverage. I've been known to strike up a conversation with a fellow traveler in an airport lounge from time to time over a frosty bottle of beer. My favorite beer is Newcastle Brown Ale. Since I've seen quite a few bottles of this ale, I know what words are situated on top of the trademark blue star on the bottle's label. Can you identify the correct motto?
4. Many younger people pass the time at the airport playing their portable video game systems. Which company makes a portable product called Game Gear?
5. Many times while passing time in an airport, I'll take out a newspaper or puzzle book and complete a crossword puzzle. What where was the birthplace of the man credited with inventing the crossword puzzle?
6. When I'm sitting in an airport, I watch the businessmen work furiously with their handheld gadget they call a Blackberry. What in the world is a Blackberry?
7. Thanks to the lap-top computer, I can actually use the time at the airport to get some work done. In the hectic office I work in, it's sometimes a nice diversion to work in the airport. Which company, who makes lap top computers, originated as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company in New York in 1911?
8. My all time favorite way to pass the time in the airport is to read a book. Nothing seems to make the hours fly by quicker than engaging yourself into a good piece of fiction. Which author wrote a series of books about a gunslinger named Roland and his quest to find the dark tower?
9. One of my favorite ways to spend some leisure time at the airport is to find a TCBY and get a frozen yogurt smoothie. I always look forward to getting a Raspberry Delite or a Berry Slim. What city in the US was home to the first TCBY store?
10. It seems that there are endless choices of restaurants and fast food places to eat in an airport. When I only have time for a quick bite at the airport, I look for a Sbarro's for a quick slice of pizza. My favorite is the Hawaiian pizza. Which description best fits the Hawaiian pizza at Sbarro's?
Source: Author ralzzz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ArleneRimmer
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.