Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the musical, Christine only has to choose between Raoul and the Phantom. What does she have to choose between in the book?
2. In the musical, when Christine has to choose, she chooses Raoul, and the Phantom relents and lets them go. But what does Christine choose to do in the book, and what are the consequences?
3. Which of these characters from the book is in the musical?
4. In the musical the Phantom is never called by his real name. What does the book say his name is?
5. One of the most famous scenes from the musical is the chandelier crash which is (depending on the version) after "Past the Point of No Return" or after the performance of "Il Muto". Is there a chandelier crash in the book?
6. In the musical (the movie version) the Phantom puts something in Carlotta's throat spray to make her lose her voice; how does she lose her voice in the book?
7. In the musical (the movie version) only one side of the Phantom's face is damaged, with the other side being relatively normal. What does his face look like in the book?
8. Which of these characters from the musical had their names changed from what they were in the book?
9. In the musical, at the very end, Raoul almost gets hanged. What happens instead of this in the book?
10. In the musical, the Phantom's fate is relatively unknown as he smashes a few mirrors and leaves the opera house, before he can be caught by the mob following him. What is the Phantom's fate in the book?
Source: Author Halt
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.