Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Andrew is my oldest grandson and he shares his name with the apostle who is the patron saint of Scotland and also of which other country listed here?
2. Alex is next in line. He wasn't named for Alexander the Great but for his Great-great-grandfather. Great-great-grandfather was born in Ayrshire in Scotland. Where was Alexander the Great born?
3. Dan is the youngest of my grandsons. His older brother calls him Goober. What was the nickname of his namesake, Daniel Webster?
4. My grandson Andrew shares his first name with Andrew Hamilton who served as the Speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in the eighteenth century. My Andrew plans to enter the same profession as Hamilton. What is he hoping to be?
5. My middle grandson Alex also shares his first name with a fellow whose last name was Hamilton - in this case, the Hamilton who was fatally shot in a duel with Aaron Burr. My Alex was born in Manitoba. On which British West Indian island was Alexander Hamilton born?
6. Like most Canadian males, my youngest grandson Dan is a hockey fan/player and his favourite team is the Vancouver Canucks. At 6'1" Dan's the same height as a member of the Canucks with whom he shares a first name. Who is the player?
7. My grandson Andrew's paternal great-grandfather, who emigrated to Canada in 1906, was the son of an Ayrshire weaver. Andrew holds a diploma in Business Administration. Wouldn't it be great if he followed in the footsteps of another fellow named Andrew, son of a Scottish weaver, who emigrated to the US in the early 19th century, and made a fortune in business? Who would that be?
8. My grandson Alex is a cook, but I don't know if he ever read the biography of celebrated chef Julia Child, co-written with her great-nephew Alex. What's the last name of Julia Child's great-nephew and co-author, who shares a last name with a celebrated chef?
9. When my youngest grandson was a tot, we called him Danny. Now he'd rather we call him Dan because, he says, Danny is a little kid's name. I wonder if anyone has told Canadian provincial premier Danny Williams that? In which province is Danny the Premier?
10. I'm not going to tell you which of my grandsons is the focus for the final question in this quiz. He shares his first name with the United Kingdom's Special Representative for International Trade and Development. To whom am I referring?
Source: Author Cymruambyth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.