Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Famed U.S. columnist and humorist Robert Benchley (father of author Nathaniel Benchley and grandfather of 'Jaws' author Peter Benchley) died November 21, 1945, the same day what 'bubbly' Oscar-winning actress was born.
2. On October 9, 1967, famed Latin guerilla leader Ernesto 'Che' Guevara was executed by a Bolivian army squad, the same day what future Latin warrior of the pro wrestling circuit jumped into the squared circle...in this case, a crib?
3. Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub, who oversaw such films as the 'Karate Kid' series, the 'Oceans Eleven' series and 'Nashville' was born September 26, 1937, the same date what vocal diva died in a car accident?
4. One of the most colorful British military leaders, Maj. General Orde Wingate, made the greatest impressions in Palestine and in the Far East through the formation of military units like the Gideon Force and the Chindits. He was killed in a plane crash March 24, 1944, the same day what 'gung ho' actor yelled for the first time?
5. On November 20, 1925, Alexandra, the Queen consort of Edward VII, died. On the same date, what member of a U.S. family of grandees was born?
6. Oscar-nominated actor John Garfield, who made such memorable films as 'The Postman Always Rings Twice', 'Pride of the Marines' and 'Body and Soul', died May 21, 1952, after fighting the infamous 'Hollywood blacklist'. On the same date, what tough guy-turned-actor fought his way into the world?
7. On December 2, 1859, painter George Seurat, the father of neo-impressionism (especially pointillism), was born in Paris, France. On the same day, what fiery abolitionist was facing the hangman's noose in Harpers Ferry, Virginia?
8. August 3, 1924 marked the passing of author Joseph Conrad, whose novel 'Heart of Darkness' provided the backdrop for the film 'Apocalypse Now' in 1979. What other literary figure made his debut on the same date?
9. PGA and Senior circuit golf great Miller Barber was born March 31, 1931...the same date what American football great passed away in a plane crash?
10. Two beautiful actresses, Australian Toni Colette and American Jenny McCarthy, were born November 1, 1972. What artist who gave beauty to words (that's a poet to you and me) died the same date?
Source: Author Oddball
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.