Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Actor Val Kilmer played a leading role as a fighter pilot in the 1986 hit movie "Top Gun." Which character did Kilmer portray in this film?
2. American athlete Shannon Miller won two Olympic gold medals in 1996 while participating in which sport?
3. Legendary jazz musician Lionel Hampton converted to the Christian Science faith in his later years. Which instrument was Hampton's claim to fame?
4. The "Singing Cowboy" Gene Autry was a devout member of the Christian Science movement. Which one of these Christmas songs was Autry NOT associated with?
5. On May 5, 1961, Alan Shepard became the first American to venture into outer space. What was the name of Shepard's space capsule?
6. H. R. Haldeman was a powerful member of President Richard Nixon's administration from 1969 to 1973. Which position did Haldeman hold in the White House?
7. This Hall of Fame baseball player was a star first baseman from 1915 to 1930 and was nicknamed "Gorgeous George." Can you supply his last name?
8. Which member of The Monkees singing group, the composer of "Different Drum", was raised in the Christian Science faith?
9. Actor Henry Fonda enjoyed a long and fruitful career in the motion picture business. Which 1981 movie co-starring Katharine Hepburn and Jane Fonda earned Henry Fonda an Academy Award for Best Actor?
10. Born in New York City in 1947, this writer of such best-selling novels as "Zoya", "Wanderlust" and "Full Circle" was raised in the Christian Science faith. Can you identify her?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.