Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The tour I'm planning will include visiting chocolate production in Tyskland, goat cheese makers in S'aksamaa, the famous castles of Nemecko, a brewery in Vuokiteje, the vineyards of L'Allemagne and outdoor markets in Déyìzhì. How many international border crossings will I make altogether?
2. A woman asks a Tokyo airline agent for a ticket to Gasshukoku. Will she be flying east or west?
3. Some places are more successful than others at discarding their exonyms (foreign reference names). Which of the following place names is still in use by the Greek people despite the wishes of its people?
4. Which of these countries' endonyms (their own name for themselves) is most widely in use throughout the world?
5. In which of the following languages is England called "England"?
6. Congratulations, you have won the Nobel Prize! You borrow your neighbor's tuxedo and book a three day trip to Northern Europe for December 9-11. Which destination should your ticket read?
7. Desperate to stretch her vacation dollars, Heather is handed a brochure offering an extremely affordable cruise package aboard the SS Dolus with a ships' registry of "Confoederatio Helvetica". "But hurry, staterooms are almost sold out!" Should Heather move fast to book the cruise?
8. Putting out from Piraeus by ferry, you travel north in the expectation of seeing canals and gondoliers. You traverse a canal, sure enough, but are put ashore someplace that clearly isn't Venice. Your tickets say Elláda-Shqipëria. Where have you ended up?
9. Poor Ambassador Smith. He just deplaned in Washington after his unsuccessful shuttle diplomacy mission from Nihon to Hanminguk to Jhongguó to Joseon; back to Jhongguó and then directly to Nihon, followed by a quick stopover in Hanminguk on his way home. Which country saw the least of Ambassador Smith?
10. Hrvati live all over the world, and are known in English speaking nations by another name (an exonym). To which of the following cities would Hrvati book flights in order to be repatriated?
Source: Author sidnobls
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor TabbyTom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.